Friday, December 10, 2010

Customer travels all the way from Woodlands to Toa Payoh for 'out-of-stock' item


STOMPer respect travelled from Woodlands to Toa Payoh after he received an email, a letter and an sms from an electronic goods company, informing him he could collect the item he wanted to purchase. He was told it was out of stock when he had reached the counter.

The STOMPer recounted:

"I am really sad and disappointed that such a big giant company like Philips, tell me that they do not have stock for a steamer (for clothes).

"I have been supporting Philips since my NS days, buying a hair dryer, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, shaver, iron and TV.

"I joined their family rewards programme and chose my rewards. (I still have to pay, but it is slightly cheaper).

"Philips mailed me a letter, emailed me and smsed me to collect the products.

"I reach there happily but after waiting for 20 minutes at their show room, the sales staff told me there was no more stock!

"I questioned why Philips smsed me to come and collect the steamer but they did not have stock!

"I travelled all the way from Woodlands to the Toa Payoh headquarters and this was what I got when I asked again when the steamer will be arriving.

"The Philips staff's response was 'I don't know'.

"I walked off because my head was 'steaming'. This was the result of poor supply-chain management."

No comments: