Friday, December 10, 2010

Cool or crazy? Student creates prosthetic tentacle arm


STOMPer DrOck is astounded with scientific medical developments such as this prosthetic tentacle arm, designed by a student. Could this become a reality?

Said the STOMPer:

"This prosthetic arm is not your typical prosthetic arm at all.

"In fact, it's hardly even an arm -- it's a tentacle.

"Powered by a small motor and a set of cables, the tentacle-shaped prosthetic arm curls its claw to grip objects.

"It was part of a student project by Kaylene Kau, who was asked to "push the boundaries of current upper-limb prosthetic design.

"It's certainly pushing my limits -- I've always dreaded hybrid human technology, but it seems almost inevitable that it will happen in the near future.

"I just hope I don't live to see my grandchildren go for surgery to implant wings or a tail."






No comments: