Thursday, December 9, 2010

Celeb road rage? Pierre Png: I confronted him because he showed me finger





In response to a STOMPer's claim that he behaved like a 'road menace' in an incident on Dec 3, actor Pierre Png told The New Paper that he saw the STOMPer making a rude gesture in his rear-view mirror.

He also claimed that it was the STOMPer who behaved like a 'road bully'.

Png, 37 and his wife, Andrea De Cruz, 34, were on their way to Gleneagles Hospital when the incident occurred on the PIE, before the Stevens Road exit.

The STOMPer claimed that Png cut into his lane without signalling, forcing him to brake suddenly and blow his horn.

Png claimed that he had signalled before changing lanes, and there was more than enough space between his Mercedes Benz and the STOMPer's black Honda Civic to change lanes safely.

"I was signalling because I wanted to (move into the right lane) to overtake the car in front of me," said Png. "I had enough space to do it."

"But then this guy floored his accelerator."

Png said he swerved to avoid a collision.

"I looked into my rear-view mirror and saw him flipping me the finger," said Png.

Find out what happened next on the following page.




Png admitted stopped on the extreme right lane, because he thought he had felt a bump from behind.

"I wanted to check if something had happened to my car," he said. "If I did anything wrong, it was to stop there and then. But it was the natural thing to do, to see if the car had been hit."

Png claimed that the STOMPer continued to gesture rudely at him when he got out of the car.

He went on to call the STOMPer a "coward" for not getting out of the car.

"Drivers like these need to be brought in line," he said.

What shocked him the most is that a driver could be so "inconsiderate" as to not slow down to let someone else change lanes.

Png stressed that he did not think he deserved any special treatment because he was a celebrity.

"I'm a small-time actor in Singapore. I don't expect to be treated any differently," he said.


No comments: