Friday, July 8, 2011

OUR SAY

OUR SAY

The Art of Being Concise

In school, my teachers and professors always emphasised on the importance of being concise.

Concise answers would earn more points than others who try to “smoke” their way through without getting to the pont.

Unfortmately, even now, I haven’t mastered that art.

If you haven’t noticed, I tend to drone in my editor’s note. I’ll talk about everything and anything related to the the topic and every issue, I thought, does anyone even read it till the end beside my managing director and designer?

So I’ve made a resolution. You’re probably thinking, what resolution, when it’s July?

Well, the seventh month (not on the Chinese calendar) is the start of the second half of the year. That make it good time to have a resolution too, aye?

Am I droning again? Well , my resolution is to be concise, So you’ll see shorter editor’s notes, hopefully,

And before I start talking about anything and everything under the sun, I’ll leave everyone with one advice.

To those who are sitting for your major exam this year , remember that being concise is important. Giving a long answer that misses the point is a waste of time because you won’t got any point for it. Of course, when it comes to certain subjects, you can drone and hypothesise and still get decent grades. But that is for higher levels of studies,

It doesn’t apply to Mathematics, Science or History.

And seeing that my advice is getting a tad too long, I’ll end (for real, now) with a simple message: Enjoy the issue and have a great year ahead.


No comments: